Skip to main content

My Daily Skincare Routine

Invest in your skin. It is going to represent you for a very long time – Linden Tyler.

I believe in good skin care, makes you least need you make up and you can even have a better, brighter canvas to put on. Having a healthy skin also shows you're healthy and well-hydrated, so yes, drinking water is important. I usually put on 2L of water inside me, forcefully. It makes me visit the toilet often, but seeing my skin glow is just another set of happiness!

I just learned to take care of my skin because when I apply make up, my dry skin looks so flaky and tired. I have to spent more time to look better. I have oily-dry combination skin, which the T-zone is oily, but my sides and cheeks are dry. And very very dry. Drinking water helps me, but I need more than that. 

So every morning, I woke up with a cup of water. Usually ice-cold water. I am not a fan of hot drinks. 

And I wash my face with Garnier Pure Active Matcha Detox Pollution & Oil Deep Clean Facial Foam. It feels so rich in latter, and I put in just a small blot to wash my face. The foam feels fine, and it is so soft on my skin. 

Garnier Pure Active Matcha De-Tox Pollution & Oil Deep Clean Facial Foam 100ml
RM12.32

The best thing I love so far about this foam is it has this mint-refreshing sensation on it. I love how it makes my skin feel fresh and cold and tight at the same time!

Next up is Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Oil Control. 

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Oil Control 125ml
RM14.50

I choose the blue one because it is for sensitive and oily skin. Previously I did try the pink one and it works well. This one, better on my skin. I used this as toner because it cleans up excessive dirt and makes me feel fresh. I know it is used to clean up make up, but this cheapskate gonna use it for everything!

I know up to this point I'm already using two Garnier products, but here it goes again. I love their Garnier Aqua Defense Non-Stop Intensive Hydrating Essence!

Garnier Skin Naturals Aqua Defense Non Stop Intensive Hydrating Essence 50ml
RM22.15

This gave me the glow of the day, keeps me moisturised and get rid of my flaky skin. It is so soft and moist, and it gives me fresh feels. Yes, I need all the mint-refreshing thing especially in the morning because it's gonna be sucks the whole day!

I've been jumping from cleanser to cleanser, moisturiser to moisturiser and this thing, so far, makes me feel happy and my skin glows even without make up. 


And every three days, I put on Freeman Clay Mask & Cleanser - Manuka Honey & Tea Tree Oil. This works as good as Himalaya Clay Mask, but without the stinging sensation. 


Freeman Clay Mask & Cleanser - Manuka Honey & Tea Tree Oil - 175ml
RM27.00

Tips: Don't let your clay mask fully dry because it's not going to work and take away all the impurities, instead it clogs up your pores!

All these stuff can be bought at drugstores, but  Freeman masks are hard to get. I hope I can find somewhere easy and fully stocked of the item. 

Share your skin care regime! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation: Mental Health and Self-care

We had a conversation in the car.  About mental health in workplace.  It was a very sensitive topic to me since I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Having bipolar means the depression is worst. The period is longer. Then BAMMMMMM mood swings, anger, eating disorder, grieve, anxiety came along.  But we were talking about it because I was a high-functioning person with bipolar disorder. I didn't get medication for more than two months now, and believe me, everyday that pass by is just me throwing my body to the wall and breaks like a piece of ceramic and pick myself back again with bare hands. It's hard.  I didn't get medication, I didn't get counselling, I didn't get psychotheraphy. I was struggling to do self-care, I was struggling to sleep or wake up. It was a battle everyday, and to think about it, I just started a career. I was marching in a battleground every morning.  Mental health in workplace has been recently a raised topic in Mal

Book Review: Tirani by Beb Sabariah

(This is the finest picture of the book that I can find on the web) The theme and story line is purely on women. Say it to me, I am feminist (grin) hewhewhew. This book is about a woman (Waheeda) who is obsessed to beauty, until she decides that she wants to do plastic surgery. She is tired of being mocked that she is ugly. At the same time, she was a managing a tourism company in Sarawak. Yes, it surprises me that the whole story line talked about Sarawak, and I finally realize the beauty of my own land. Because when I picked this book out of the shelves, I never thought that it took place in Sarawak, especially Kuching. Those roads that I am really familiar with. Towards the end of the story, her husband, Zahid left her because he thought that she was cheating on her. Waheeda struggled and became single mom. Brought up her daughter, Izzati until they met again. The struggle of women caught my eyes for this novel. I really want women to be look up as the one power that

Book Review: Seronok by Saat Omar (Buku FIXI)

(I believe what is more catchy is the book cover!) Thanks to CAIS UNIMAS, I finally can read this book. The theme of the story is about homosexual -- Amirul is falling for Bakar. For me, I've been looking for this type of story in Malaysian literature, too bad I started with this one (after all I always loved Fixi books). I am studying on transgender and their 'relatives' and being homophobic at the same time. Trying to understand why people don't accept them. I actually accepts them, but not allowing them continue being one. Because? It is wrong of course. However, nice story line, the composition and the maximum usage of the characters, I love them. Especially Amirul because he actually told everyone he is a gay, but not to his mother (how ironic!) And few critics on arts and films, it blends well and towards the ending ----- a gay can actually change to a normal guy. Why? Because woman belong to man, and so vice versa.