It's second half of the year and I'm half way through my life as 22 year old woman who still trip and make mistakes, stumbles here and there, try to make life worth living, somehow.
I did this game on Twitter, 1 like = 1 lesson learnt in life. So I decided to take it here and document all my thoughts on life, because every single thing I've learned so far is an advice to future me.
1. Everything is temporary. People, attention, position, affection. Nothing stays forever and I've lost enough in life.
I've lost a lot of friends and enemies through time of my life. I get discouraged when people left my life, for whatever reason they did. I tend to blame myself, thinking where did I went wrong, until I came to my realization that nothing lasts forever. I raised myself to not depends to anyone anymore and be a new me - an individualistic person who values myself over everything else.
2. People have different opinions. But opinions can be molded with bigotry, racism and sexism, because it is used to justify ourselves.
I've written so much about bigotry, racism and sexism over the time. My thoughts remain the same and I believe everyone has their own thoughts. I respect your opinions but if it's against humanity and harming anyone else, it's no longer a valid opinion.
3. Allow yourself to grow into a better person everyday. Drink water when you are anxious. Keep yourself close to food.
We tend to be very hard on ourselves. I, am very easily frustrated person when I couldn't accomplish things I want in life. I met failures and will cry over some minor faults, blaming myself for days and weeks. I just couldn't let go of some stuffs and thus, I wish I can accept them over the time.
4. Read a lot of books. See from different perspectives. Travel the world without having to move anywhere. Knowledge will bring you to places.
Cannot stress this more. I love reading so much, I can read two books in a day, passionately and ending up in different side of the world. This is why I love reading, I can be in any part of the world, at any time. It's like time travelling. Trust me, you'll enjoy this hobby!
5. Love yourself first, then anyone else. It's hard to do, I know, but if you don't love you, then who else would do?
I have hard time to love myself. My body unfit and obese and I do not appear as attractive as many young girls. I have dark skin and bad eyesight. I don't like to socialize and I do not smile as frequent. But this is just me. I fall in love with myself when I realize this is me. This is my body and my soul. Who else would love me?
6. Mind your own business. The more you mind other's life, the more troubled yours are. Take care of your own problems, stop being bitter.
Of course I enjoy gossips and drama, but the older I get, the lesser I involve in other's life. Not that I didn't care about anyone else, it's just my life is already miserable, get it?
7. Criticise yourself for having opinions. Dissect your thoughts deeply before thinking you are right all the time.
I learned this the hard way. I gone through a lot of internet bashing and bullying to learn that we are all on different side of a coin. We revolve through the same atmosphere but our mind speaks differently. I learned that I have to think twice before giving out my thoughts.
8. Always be compassionate and kind towards others regardless their religion, race, gender and sexuality. Small things matter.
I was very homophobic and racist back then in my life, soon before I learn that we all have differences, that I have my privileges and I can help marginalized people with it. People changed!
9. Treasure every moment you have with person that love you only. Don't waste time with people who just wanna mess your life.
When I say I ditched people from my life, I was being true to myself. I kept my loved ones close to me, I took care and ask about their life daily. Not everyone in your friend list and contacts are worth your attention.
10. There's no turning back when you have made a decision, though you may regret it one day. When another door closed, few more doors will open!
I learned that my poor-decision making has led to me making a lot of mistakes. Still learning, but I guess I lack of time to prove myself to the world. But let's see how life rolls!
11. Know the difference between toxic and healthy relationships. Family could be toxic to you. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
Again I mentioned about relationship because I couldn't stress this more. Don't waste your time and emotions for something not worth it.
12. Remember important dates. Celebrate every moment in life. Life is short, so make it sweet. Live to the fullest.
Giving yourself celebration is worth it. There's always a need to be joyful about your achievement. Go live it. Pamper yourself.
13. Take your time to recover from bad memories. Time will not heal completely, it will leave you scarred for life, but have faith.
People that say time will heal actually lied. I have lots of bad memories in life and I hold grudges. I can't possibly speak for anyone else but you cannot completely recover, scar will remain but you can forgive but not forget.
14. Pick your battles. You can't fight everyone in life no matter how different your ideas and opinions. Stay silent and reflect yourself.
The social media has been a good example for me to stop fighting people in there and wasting my time. I could do better.
15. There's a price you have to pay for every action. All the consequences you have to bear in the future will make you grow and prosper.
Every decision I made has become fruitful and all the lesson I learned for it, I learned it the hard way and me becoming who I am today.
That's it. Some stuff I learned in life, 5 months away before I turn 23. Now, I just want to live as a happy person (despite continuous anxiety attack and drowning depression)!