Previously I talk about my ups (overly excited and joyful, bright side of me) but we haven't got into what monster I can be during my downs (depressive, dull and empty episodes).
Source: About Bipolar Depression
Bipolar depression has the same “low” symptoms as depression:
- Prolonged sadness, depressed mood, or unexplained crying spells
- No interest in activities you once enjoyed
- Loss of energy
- Difficulties with sleep—either sleeping too much or not at all
- Changes in appetite—significant weight gain or weight loss
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
In my lows, I had to spend more time, which usually last around one or two weeks. I sleep a lot and those are the thing that affect me the most.
Suicidal thoughts? Most of the time. It's the emptiness of the feeling that kills me slowly. I don't want to feel empty and sad and misery, and most of the time I lay in bed blinking and hoping I will feel happy or dead, there's no in between.