Sunday, March 12

My Bipolar Diary V: My Ups and Downs (Part 1)


This could be the most relatable comics about my blogpost today!

Diagnosed with bipolar disorder had made me learn about my body and my mood and how I react a lot. I realised that my racing thoughts, sleepless night are something and not just part of the things I had to face at school and and at work.

Having it means - having hypomania:
  • happy, euphoric, with a sense of wellbeing
  • lots of energy
  • sociable
  • racing thoughts
  • creative and full of ideas and plans
  • like you can perform tasks better and more quickly than normal
  • impatient, irritable or angry
  • confident, with high self-esteem
  • attractive, flirtatious and/or with more sexual desire
  • restless, on edge and having difficulty relaxing
  • heightened senses – colours may seem brighter, sounds louder and things more beautiful

How I reacted during hypomania:

  • more active than usual
  • taking risks
  • very friendly
  • very talkative or writing a lot
  • sleeping very little
  • signing up for and taking part in lots of activities
  • taking on extra responsibilities
  • wearing colourful and/or extravagant clothes
  • making lots of jokes and puns
  • finding it hard to stay still - moving around a lot or fidgeting


This phase can last a week or two, but as soon as it finished I can be really tired. I will be in a black hole named depression and these period feels like forever. Having bipolar disorder, for me, means I had to go to certain extremes at time and I can never look back.

Anyone else having hypomania or mania? Share in the comments!

No comments: