This could be the most relatable comics about my blogpost today!
Diagnosed with bipolar disorder had made me learn about my body and my mood and how I react a lot. I realised that my racing thoughts, sleepless night are something and not just part of the things I had to face at school and and at work.
Having it means - having hypomania:
- happy, euphoric, with a sense of wellbeing
- lots of energy
- racing thoughts
- creative and full of ideas and plans
- like you can perform tasks better and more quickly than normal
- impatient, irritable or angry
- confident, with high self-esteem
- attractive, flirtatious and/or with more sexual desire
- restless, on edge and having difficulty relaxing
- heightened senses – colours may seem brighter, sounds louder and things more beautiful
How I reacted during hypomania:
- more active than usual
- taking risks
- very friendly
- very talkative or writing a lot
- sleeping very little
- signing up for and taking part in lots of activities
- taking on extra responsibilities
- wearing colourful and/or extravagant clothes
- making lots of jokes and puns
- finding it hard to stay still - moving around a lot or fidgeting
This phase can last a week or two, but as soon as it finished I can be really tired. I will be in a black hole named depression and these period feels like forever. Having bipolar disorder, for me, means I had to go to certain extremes at time and I can never look back.
Anyone else having hypomania or mania? Share in the comments!